All workshops are now being held at United States University – Mission Valley,
7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA, unless indicated otherwise.
Parking is free.
Contact: SCORE San Diego, 619-727-4874, email@example.com
SEO How to Get More Traffic to Your Website Using Search Engines.
Monday, December 11, 2017 – 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM PST
SEO or ‘Search Engine Optimization’ is the process of optimizing your website to show up prominently in search engine results. Unlike search engine advertising or other paid marketing channels, clicks from organic search results don’t cost you anything. With SEO being more important than ever, it’s now an integral part of any savvy marketer’s strategy.
This workshop is designed to help marketers of any size business to understand the key elements of SEO and the fundamentals needed to start their own campaign.
Buying & Selling a Business – Wednesday, December 13, 2017
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM PST
ATTENTION BUSINESS BUYERS OR BUSINESS SELLERS! This workshop is essential if you are thinking about buying or selling an existing business. In this workshop presented by business buy-sell transaction professionals you will:
- Learn about the marketplace for the business buy-sell transaction—and how to find and access the “Hidden Market”.
- Hear about the process and people involved in buying or selling a business and learn how to effectively deal with business brokers and other advisors.
- Gain a practical, working knowledge of basic principles of business valuation and pricing.
- Learn about the financing issues that can make or break the deal and about the critical role of “negotiation” in making and concluding a deal.
Insurance: How to Protect You and Your Business
Thursday, December 14, 2017 – 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM PST
Every business has certain risks related to its operation. To protect your business and personal assets, insurance coverage is critical. Knowing what type of insurance is required, how much insurance is appropriate, and how to obtain that insurance for your business are the questions this workshop will address.
Franchising: Realize Your Dreams – 6 Steps to Choosing the Correct Franchise
Friday, December 15, 2017 – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST
This workshop covers the essentials for anybody interested in owning and operating a franchise, taught by an experienced franchise owner/operator. It covers:
- How to Own a Franchise.
- Special Assistance for Veterans & Disabled Veterans Interested in Owning a Franchise.
- How to finance the purchase of a franchise or financial assistance for franchise owners.
- Financing with Rollovers as Business Start-ups (ROBS) Plans.
- All about Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD); let’s discover what’s in there.
- SBA Products and Services to help you start, manage, and grow your franchise business!
Business Plan A: You, the Market and the Competition
Saturday, December 16, 2017 – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST
How to Write a Winning Business Plan
- Do you really need a business plan?
- What promise are you making?
- What are the characteristics of your target market?
- What’s your competitive advantage?
Business Model Canvas – Getting Your Business from Idea to Paper
Saturday, December 16, 2017 – 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM PST
In this interactive workshop, Janet Lancaster and Alex Friedberg will review the nine building blocks of the Canvas. The Business Model Canvas is not your ordinary Business Plan; it is a strategic management and lean startup template for developing new or documenting existing business models. It is a visual chart with elements describing a firm or product’s value proposition, infrastructure, customers, and finances. It is easier to use than a traditional business plan because it is simple to use and all work done can be reused if a comprehensive business plan is needed.