The Value of joining the Encinitas Chamber of Commerce:
A national study reveals that membership in a local chamber of commerce can significantly boost a business’ image among consumers as well as among other businesses. The study conducted by the Schapiro Group, an Atlantic-based market research firm, found that positive perceptions of chamber members in a number of areas, including overall favorability, consumer awareness and reputation, and likelihood of future patronage. This study was commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives, IBM, Administaff, Small Business Network, Inc and Market Street Services.
- When consumers know that a business is a member of the local chamber, they are 44% more likely to think favorably about it.
- Consumers who are told that a business is a chamber member are 51% more likely to be highly aware it and 57% more likely to think positively of its local reputation.
- Consumers are 63% more likely to buy goods and services in the future from a company that they believe is a member of the Chamber of Commerce.
- When business-decision makers believe that a business is a chamber member, they are 37% more likely to think favorably on the business, 51% more likely to be highly aware of it, 58% more likely to think positively of its local reputation and 59% more likely to buy goods and services from it.
- Regarding the chamber’s impact on the local economy 82% of the respondents believe the local chamber of commerce helps create jobs and promote economic development.
How to get the greatest value out of your membership:
- Sundowner Networking – Held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 5:30pm-7:30pm. These mixers feature networking between business professionals in a casual atmosphere. As a member, you are also encouraged to host one at your own business location. These mixers give the host the unique opportunity to get walk-in traffic that might not otherwise have visited.
- Become an Ambassador – Attend ribbon cuttings, volunteer at community events like our Octoberfest and many other opportunities. The amount of exposure you will get is up to you.
- Become elected to the Board of Directors – We are always looking for great business owners to work with the others on the board to improve and strengthen our business community.
- Chamber events – The chamber produces various events throughout the year. By participating and/or volunteering, members have the opportunity to network and market their business.
- Utilize the Website – Members are given access to add, change and update their own company information on the Chamber website. In addition, advertising opportunities are available for additional cost.
Valuable Features of Membership
- Your business is listed on the Chamber Website by business name and category. You can upload your logo, pictures, and a YouTube Video to your Chamber website presence. Your personalized page has information about your business along with links to your email your direct website.
- Post your events on the Events Calendar
- Post Hot Deals on the Chamber website to attract more business
- Monthly Sundowners on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 5:30pm to 7:30pm (August is the 2nd Tuesday).
- Become a Chamber Ambassador.
Free to our Members:
- Ribbon Cutting at your business location or at the Chamber office upon joining. This photo along with your business data and general information about your unique business is sent out in your own stand-alone E-blast to our entire database. This is then posted on our website and on our Facebook page.
- Your literature displayed at the Chamber Office
- Table-top display at most Sundowners
- Member-only business referrals
- Membership Plaque
- E-blast announcements
- Oktoberfest booth discount
- Special membership pricing to advertise your business on our ever-growing database. Contact: Admin@EncinitasChamber.com
Chamber Hosted Events
- Senior Expo: Embracing Retirement
- State of the City
- Salute to Education
- Annual Encinitas Oktoberfest
Certificates of Origin (For our businesses who ship overseas)
- FREE TO MEMBERS, $50.00 FEE TO NON-MEMBERS