City of Encinitas Business Portal:
We know that starting a business is not easy. It’s even more difficult when you don’t know where you’re supposed to go or what forms you need to fill out. The Encinitas Business Portal changes that. A “one way in” for business owners, the Business Portal was designed to be a comprehensive resource to help you get your business off the ground – from how to register your business to how to access the resources available to you to help you succeed and grow.
Community Enhancement ARPA Augmentation Grant
Applications are being accepted for the Community Enhancement ARPA Augmentation Grant and Neighborhood Reinvestment Program. In addition, the County Board of Supervisors allocated over $25 million dollars for small business and non-profits that have been impacted by covid-19 (less than 20 employees). While there is no deadline to apply, there is limited funding so those interested are encouraged to apply in the coming months.
You can find the applications in the links below.
1) Community Enhancement ARPA Augmentation Grants: Community Enhancement Grant Eligibility (sandiegocounty.gov) **Online Application
Local non-profit entities may be eligible for Community Enhancement (CE) grant funding from the County to stimulate tourism, promote the economy, create jobs and improve quality of life.
Non-profits that suffered losses due to COVID-19 may qualify for additional funds.
Eligible entities and activities may include: cultural activities, museums, visitor and convention bureaus, economic development councils and other similar institutions/organizations, including County programs and projects
2) Neighborhood Reinvestment Grants: Neighborhood Reinvestment Program (sandiegocounty.gov) **PDF application on website with instructions.
The Neighborhood Reinvestment Program provides grant funds to County departments, public agencies, and to non-profit community organizations for one-time community, social, environmental, educational, cultural or recreational needs.
Sample Request for Neighborhood Reinvestment
- Support the purchase of sports equipment and facility upgrades at neighborhood park.
- Support the cost of one time purchases of schools supplies for students (backpacks, notebooks, pens, pencils etc.)
- Support the purchase of technology devices (laptops, headphones, HVAC units, etc)
3) Small Business Grant: Small Business Grant Eligibility (sandiegocounty.gov)
The Small Business Stimulus Grant Program is funded by the Board of Supervisors allocation of federal ARPA fundings to provide economic assistance to help businesses and nonprofit entities impacted by COVID-19. Businesses must have 20 or fewer employees (full-time equivalents) and a minimum one-year operating history as of February 14, 2020 to be eligible.